Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Building blocks

Looky here, I jumped on the MO Sue Ross bom bandwagon! I tried to resist but temptation got the better of me. I had a hard time choosing between pretty or contemporary and decided on the pretty fabric choice, I want to stretch myself a little and learn how to put these fabrics together. I wasn't wanting the light pink, I thought the points might get lost so I will substitute it for the one on the left of it. There's no reason I can't do some contemporary brighter blocks and I may yet do that.
I have mentioned this Nexcare tape before and here's the perfect use for it on the back of the templates to prevent the fabrics slipping.
The other parcel that arrived was some more fabrics, mostly from the 19th century red line. Big contrast to the previous fabrics.

While I was away look what sprouted next door. We're calling it the Taj Mahal since it takes the whole section and is five bedroom's, they only have two kids. We are now going to have two neighbours either side of us and one at the back of the property in the lane. I want to move, I feel claustrophobic. Actually, I wouldn't mind if the neighbours were all quilters, that'd be great.

21 comments:

Nedra said...

MO's block of the month is so wonderful. I checked it out, but with mailing to the US the cost is just too high. I will look forward to enjoying yours, and the other Austalian bloggers who are participating.

Anonymous said...

Oh no you haven't... I am still resisting. No, no, no I don't want to make that quilt

cheers
Christine

Deb said...

Loving those 19th century fabrics Janet, and I adore your new blog header quilt, yummy.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh great Janet, I'm so glad you joined, I went for pretty too, I knew I had enough in my stash to make my own contemporary!!! Lovely pile of fabrics there too xo

Amelia said...

OMG - THe Taj Mahal has nothing on that bad boy! It looks even bigger now! Can't wait to see the Sue Ross made up! Looks like fun!!

I see you have had a tweeking seesion with you blog looks good.

Betsy said...

Janet I love the header quilt. Your new projects look very interesting.

Miriam said...

I love your new banner!!!

I will be watching with interest as you make the MO BOM. So far every one I have seen looks a little bit different.

ranette said...

I love, love, love the quilt in the header, it's beautiful.

I knew you'd get in on the action with the Sue Ross blocks. Thanks for the sneak peek of block 2. I am waiting patently for mine to arrive. I will have to try some double sided tape on my templates as I did have a bit of trouble with them slipping.

Wouldn't it be fun if all of the neighbors were quilters? It would be a party all the time!

Unknown said...

I jumped on that band wagon too! I am anxiously waiting for my packages to arrive! Wouldn't that be great to have quilters living right next door?

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- what are the odds that your neighbors will be quilters? I'd LOVE to have THAT happen! Beautiful fabrics!

Crispy said...

I'm going to love watching you make this BOM. I'm glad a "Yank" has mentioned the cost for the BOM to the states so I don't have to be tempted LOL.

Crispy

Karen said...

I don't blame you for joining in on the Sue Ross BOM. It looks so interesting. I have been viewing the first block on some other blogs.

Lori said...

I have been admiring the Sue Ross BOM! It's a real beauty and I'm sure whatever fabric you choose will be spectacular!

Janet said...

Your new blog header is BEAUTIFUL!! I also really like your new 19th century fabrics - do you have plans for them?

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh WOW....your header quilt is FAB!
I want to do a quilt like that when
I grow up!!!

Carrie P. said...

Janet, I know anything you put your hands to is going to be glorious.
Wow that is a big house going up.

Kaaren said...

Well Janet if your new neighbors aren't quilters then YOU could certainly change that, right? (wink)

Love your 19th C fabrics and I can't wait to see your first Sue Ross BOM block.

wishes, true and kind said...

Thanks for the sneak peek at BOM block number 2 -- still waiting for mine! And if your neighbors aren't quilters, here's hoping you can persuade them to be =).

The Rabbit Factory said...

Talk about temptation...your blog is amazing...I just visiting it! Thanks for sharing your quilting journey with us bloggers!

The Rabbit Factory said...

Oops...I meant to say ...I just love visiting it!

Rose Marie said...

What a difference Nexcare tape has made on my cutting rulers. Never thought about putting them on my acrylic templates ... thanks for the tip!
Love those repro fabrics.