Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another red and green quilt

There's not a lot of sewing going on at Quiltsalott this week so I'll show you a quilt I finished last year in the red and green. You'll probably recognise this quilt if you are a fan of Piece O' Cake designs. It's in their book Flowering Favourites which is now out of print You may be able to pick it up somewhere. I hand quilted this in a basic grid design, it has a cotton batting so it has that lovely texture I love. You can click on the photo to get a closer look.
This is all I managed on the machine this week, three more nearly insane blocks, #'s 12, 15 and 16
A big thanks to Kathie who told people about me and also to those who visited and left some very kind comments. I appreciate it! Also thanks to other bloggers who have been so helpful to me when I've needed it, I have some basic computer skills and this is still a learning process for me.

Have a great weekend, Janet

17 comments:

Lurline said...

Stunning - your applique is 'to die for'! Congrats on your nice neat Header, too, LOL!
Hugs - Lurline!

Shari said...

That's a gorgeous quilt! You can be very proud of it.
Those little blocks are so cute, but I can totally see why they're called insane! The red and white is so fresh, it will be good to keep an eye on your progress...
Cheers!

antique quilter said...

I have that book!
and have always loved that quilt, I doubt I will ever make it so when you get tired of yours you know where to send it too! I promise to give it a good home!
Kathie

ranette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ranette said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE this quilt...love the colors, love the applique, love the quilting! The NI blocks are terrific as well.
We share the same color sense I think.

canquilt said...

I am so glad that Kathie sent us to your site. I love your stuff and it appears as though you are as much a quilt- a- holic as we are.

Betsy said...

The red and green quilt is absolutely stunning. I am fortunate to own the book.

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh...amazing work... you have done such a wonderful job on that one!! :o)

Ginny Worden said...

Your sight is wonderful, as well as your work. You've almost inspired me to start Nearly Insane myself. Well ........... almost.
Thanks, and keep up the great inspirational posts.

Janet said...

Wow Janet! How many totally amazing applique quilts have you made? This one is BEAUTIFUL!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow what a gorgeous quilt! Such talent.

Unknown said...

WOW.!!!I Love your Red & Green Quilt it is just Gorgeous...I love any sort of Applique and also love Piece O Cake Designs...Well Done.
cheers

Anonymous said...

I am a great fan of Piece'O Cake and I looooove your quilt.
I have a lot of their books, you quilt is very inspiring, must make a start on one of their quilt.
Thank you for sharing.

christine

ps. did you buy a kit or picked the fabrics yourself? Love it.

Lorraine said...

Hi Janet...thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment....I came back to look at your blog...I love the red and green quilt....did you buy a kit or choose the fabrics...love the use of the plaids and stripes....I will be back to visit again. Have a great week...!

Kellie said...

Yep thats why we love Piece-o-Cake! It looks lovely!

Rose Marie said...

I have that book and have been drooling over their patterns and this one that you made .... gorgeous quilt and your applique and quilting is lovely!

susis quilts said...

hello,the quilt looks wonderful,have a nice day,susi